About this Hike and Bike:
If you’ve never been to Unity Island, this is your chance to see one of Buffalo's best kept secrets!
Breaking Out on the Wall is a combination Urban Hike & Bike tour where we’ll travel Niagara Street and see what’s happening along one the oldest neighborhoods in Buffalo!
We’ll ride onto Unity Island to see some of the greatest views of the mighty Niagara River available in the city! We’ll move on to Broderick Park, where we’ll see recent improvements along the waterfront, discuss the incredible history of Unity Island and finally, we’ll Hike the break wall beyond the Peace Bridge, seeing points of interest both in the city and on the water! The views are spectacular! See Buffalo like you've never seen it before!
- This Hike & Bike covers approximately 6 - 7 miles and lasts 2 – 2 ½ hours
- We meet 15 minutes prior to start time, in the parking lot at Broderick Park, 1170 Niagara Street, Buffalo, NY 14213
- All participants must bring a bike in good working order, a bike helmet, and a bike lock
- Please wear appropriate footwear, as we will be hiking as well as riding
- Dress for the weather and bring water!
- In the event of heavy rain or other severe weather, this tour will be canceled